Friday, May 13, 2011

So you want to come to Tahiti ? well stop dreaming and start planning your holiday! (part 2)


Tahiti and her islands, 4 millions square kilometers of the South Pacific Ocean, the equivalent of Europe...and 118 islands spread over five archipelagos. No wonder so many people ask me 'which island do you think I should visit?'!

The answer I want to give is all of them, they are all different, unique and amazing! But obviously, this can't be done in just one trip. Even I haven't visited half of the islands yet.


There is other category of people, the ones who know exactly where they will go: Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora. Why? Because these are the three most famous islands of French Polynesia throughout the world.

- Tahiti, obviously because it is the capital and all international flights land here;

@ Intercontinental Beachcomber Tahiti


- Moorea because it is Tahiti's sister island and the closest and easiest to visit;

- Bora Bora, The Pearl of the Pacific, because everybody goes there and the american GIs made it famous during WW2.



To these, I would to say, OK, what about the other 115 islands? Truth is, it is difficult to choose which islands to visit, for the choice is endless and all islands and islets are as beautiful and the other.



 
So, you'll ask me, which islands should I visit??? How do I find my way in the maze of choices available to me? And there is an answer (beyond the simple ask a travel agent). I gave you the first tips to help you start planning your holiday to Tahiti a few weeks ago. So I thought I'd keep them coming and help you as much as I can.

As I said before, there are five archipelagoes to choose from, and they all have their own specificities, different traditions, even different languages. Depending on what you like and what you expect from your holiday on Tahiti and her island, you might find that an archipelago suits your needs better. So before going into specifics and asking which island is best, start researching the 5 different archipelagoes: the Society islands, the Tuamotu, the Marquesas, the Gambier and the Austral islands.


Without meaning to paraphrase another destination's slogan, you will find that there is something for everyone in Tahiti and her islands and the possibilities are truly endless and you'll soon realize that you will have to plan all your next holidays here if you want to be able to truly explore and discover this paradise and its hidden treasures. Start reesearching now, a trip to Paradise deserves your full attention!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...