On September 3rd, the recently refurbished Kia Ora Resort & Spa reopened to the public.
This 4-star boutique hotel is set amid the lush white sand beaches and turquoise lagoon waters between the two passes of Rangiroa. It is built in one of the best (if not the best) locations on the main motu of Rangiroa and is has one of the few beaches on the island.
After the 50 minute flight from Tahiti, the staff of the Kia Ora will greet you at the airport to drive you to the hotel which is situated only 5 minutes away. A fruit juice and cold towel will be waiting for you and after a speedy check in, you will be driven to you accommodation in the hotel's buggy.
You can choose from a variety of accommodation types as the hotel has 10 overwater bungalows, 20 private pool villas 4 junior suites, 3 Beach deluxe bungalows, 3 beach suites and 19 Beach bungalows. All have been designed with feng shui principles in mind and offer a modern yet traditional feel. They are equipped with wooden furniture, interactive TV, wifi and an iPod docking station...and the king size beds are simply sublime.
In the bungalows, the headboards are carved in Tahitian motifs while pieces of tapa painted by local artists adorn the walls. The decor is between traditional craftsmanship and modernity
All the villas have their own private pools, an outside patio and daybeds while the beach bungalows have their own jaccuzzi (pool and outside bathtubs for the deluxe bungalows).
The hotel also offers guests a fitness center, a spa, a bar, a large infinity swimming pool with jacuzzi and a restaurant.
10 best things to do while at the Kia Ora Resort & Spa:
- Enjoy a warm bath under the tropical night stars in your deluxe bungalow's outdoor bathtub;
- Gaze at the turquoise colored lagoon from your outdoor individual jacuzzi in your beach bungalow;
- Jump straight into the crystal clear lagoon from your own private terrace on your overwater bungalow;
- Laze around in the private pool of your garden villa;
- Go for a relaxing walk among the coconut grove and the serene garden of the resort;
- Treat yourself to the spa's signature massage with traditional essential oils;
- Have a house cocktail at sunset in the Miki Miki overwater bar;
- Appreciate the marriage of Polynesian and french cuisine at the Te Rairoa Restaurant;
- Discover Rangiroa's underwater world with Bathys Diving;
- Go for a snorkel in front of the resort.