Planning your trip to Tahiti and wondering what to do? Here is my top 10:
1. Papeete Market - soak up the local atmosphere every day at the center of Papeete.
2. Teahupo'o - the end of the road, mythical surf spot in Tahiti. Don't forget to catch a taxi boat to go watch the waves!
3. The 3 Cascades in Tiarei - perfect for a walk in exotic and luxuriant settings.
4. The Monoi Route - a tour of the island on the traces of this unique Polynesian oil.
5. Tahiti & her islands Museum - a natural and historical site where Polynesian history, culture, religion and environment come together.
6. Go diving - you will find numerous diving centers around the island, it's the perfect opportunity to enjoy the warm waters and discover the treasures of the Tahitian underwater world.
7. The roulottes - enjoy an authentic Tahitian dining experience.
8. Visit a Marae - soak up some mystical vibes at Marae Arahurahu in Paea.
9. Sample Tahiti's traditional dish: raw fish with coconut milk.
10. See a Tahitian dance show - don't worry if you are not here during the Heiva, most hotels offer a Tahitian dance show at least once per week.